BIRDGROUP TAMAN NEGARA
'Birds without trees can never feel free'. Leena Ahmad Almashat, Harmony Letters (2011)
Kelab Pencinta Burung Taman Negara Jerantut Pahang (BirdGroup Taman Negara) or BGTN is a registered non-governmental organisation (NGO) with Malaysia's Registrar of Society (ROS) since 2015 and is based at Jenut Holidays's office in Kuala Tahan.
The main objectives of BirdGroup Taman Negara are:
- to inculcate and to educate the importance of the protection of birds and their habitats as well as the conservation of nature and natural resources in Taman Negara and its surrounding in Tembeling Riverbasin especially in Kuala Tahan region,
- to gather, photograph and identify various species of birds in Taman Negara,
- to organise (and co-organise) birding events such as Taman Negara Bird Count and Bird Inventory programs and to ensure such event(s) will benefit both local communities and the environment,
- to engage and to cooperate with government agencies, local & international universities and colleges, private sectors and other NGOs in birds and nature conservations,
- to promote Community Based Eco Tourism (CBET) by involving and empowering local community in the development and management of Kuala Tahan as one of premiere Eco-tourism destination in Malaysia through education and collective responsibility in the most sustainable way.
- to attend seminars, workshops, forums and
other relevant events related to birds and nature conservations
TAMAN NEGARA BIRD COUNT
Taman Negara Bird Count or TNBC is a yearly event in Kuala Tahan since 2014. Jenut Holidays is proud to be the co-founder of the event and its strategic partner since 2014 .
The main objectives of Taman Negara Bird Count are:
- to promote volunteer tourism ie. "voluntourism" to Malaysian especially amongst student and youth,
- to attract local community in Kuala Tahan to understand the importance of birds, nature and human being. Birding activities to be seen in broader concept but for conservation of nature and natural resources with higher economic value,
- to rebrand Taman Negara Kuala Tahan as a major "Birding Tourism" destination in Malaysia,
- to update latest data of avifauna in Taman Negara Kuala Tahan. This data can be used as ecological indicator in Kuala Tahan, and
- to create networking for new birders and bird photographers in Malaysia
PARTNERSHIP WITH BIRDGROUP TAMAN NEGARA
Endless Possibilities in Smart Partnership with BirdGroup Taman Negara (BGTN)
More companies acknowledge the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) that will benefit their organisations as well as benefiting the society. CSR programs in supporting environmental sustainability have become increasing popular.
Companies that have plans to organise CSR activities for their employees, customers or any student groups in Taman Negara are welcomed to engage Jenut Holidays Sdn Bhd for services.
We can facilitate businesses to arrange special CSR events such as organising bird talks, bird count, bird expedition and others. This will help respective organisations to understand and recognize the importance of biodiversity and ecosystem in a particular Environmental Sensitive Area such as Taman Negara and its surrounding.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS
1. TAMAN NEGARA BIRD COUNT
Poster of our Inaugural Taman Negara Bird Count Event in 2014
Presentation of Taman Negara Bird Count at British Birdwatching Fair at Rutland Water in England, August 2016
2. STOPPING STURGEON FARMING IN ENVIRONMENTAL SENSITIVE AREA
3. BRINGING BACK THE ORANG ASLI CHILDREN TO SCHOOL
4. PROTECTING THE PROTECTORS OF TAMAN NEGARA
5. FEED THE VILLAGE
6. CREATION OF TEMBELING HORNBILL VALLEY